Friday, July 26, 2013

A Table's Tale - From Drab to FAB!

A couple of months ago I picked up this little table at the Salvation Army "Boutique". I knew as soon as I saw it I wanted to make it into something FABULOUS for my mom. 



Here's how it looked when I found it.

 
Dirty, dirty, dirty.... all scraped and scuffed up and in need of some TLC.
 
The first thing I did was paint it with an antique white homemade Chalk Paint.
 
After distressing it, I decided to replace the handle with this cute little glass pull.

 
Then, I headed over to  The Graphics Fairy blog where I found this lovely French Typography.
 
I used the Mod Podge Transfer Method to transfer this graphic to the table top.  Restore Stuff has a great tutorial for this.
 
I printed the graphic in reverse (thank you Graphics Fairy!) 

and this is how it transfered onto my table top - after I lightly distressed it.

 
I was very happy with how it turned out and my mom loved it!
 

 
Another Before/After
 
 
What do you think?  Have you done any projects using art from the The Graphics Fairy?  If not, you should really check her site out!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great makeover! I like the knobs, too! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete