Wednesday, September 11, 2013

FRESH Dresser Makeover BEFORE & AFTER


I recently found this old dresser and knew right away I'd be able to give it a quick fresh update with some gray chalk paint. 

 
 
After one coat of chalk paint - the dark brown is still showing through.
 
 
After two coats of paint, we're almost there...


It took 3 coats of paint to fully cover this piece.


I placed a piece of tempered glass on the top of this, as it is being sold as a Media Console Center for a flat screen tv. 
 
Remember the dark, ugly "BEFORE"?

 
Here is the freshly updated "AFTER" once again.

Almost forgot... I painted the handles with Krylon's Satin Nickel Metallic spray paint.
 
 
 
It's definately updated and fresh... but it's kind of boring....
I think I'd like to paint the drawers a bright yellow or blue.
 
What do you think it needs to "pop"?


 
Sharing the love at these AWESOME parties!

4 comments:

  1. love the update, buuut you are right. Ok what if you just added some distressing? I really like the grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heavily distressed it and it didn't look right - at all! So I repainted the drawers... The edges though are lightly distressed... I'm seriously thinking about losing the glass top and doing some ourtrageous to the drawers.... Any other ideas?

      Delete
  2. Suzie - I just fell in love with one that Sayuri did at Vintage Breeze - check it out she stenciled the drawers and oh my - I am in love. You may be able to do something like that to the drawers on this. I do like the color though... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just checked it out and you're right... I love those stenciled drawers too! Okay, that is definitely a possibility... I'm also thinking of adding textured paintable wall paper to the drawers and painting them.... I have a roll of a very detailed pattern that may work well....

      Delete