Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Goodwill Fall Tablescape for under $10



Fall was in the air a few days ago... We had thunder, lightning, rain and cooler temps.... But, today it's back up into the mid-80's and low to mid 90's are in the forecast for the rest of the week.   This was definitely a very good summer, weather-wise,  up here in the Pacific Northwest and it's not over yet....
 
but I REALLY, REALLY want fall to come....


Over the weekend I visited a Goodwill store to check out their selection of fall décor.  I found PLENTY... and was able to put together this cute table scape for under $10!


I love it for now but have been thinking about swapping out the Apothecary jar for a candle that isn't so tall. 

I used my tray, an upcycled picture frame, which you can read about here and the no-sew burlap and muslin table runner that I recently shared here.
 
 
Here's the breakdown of what I spent:
 
Metallic (Pottery Barn) Pumpkin 1.99
"Frosted Pumpkin" .99
Green Pumpkin and all Filler Material
(pinecones & small pumpkins) 3.99
Large Pumpkin 1.99
Leaves (garland) .99
(I already had the Apothecary Jar)
 
 
I like to look at Goodwill and thrift shops first for seasonal décor, because I'm always guaranteed to find something that I'm looking for at a fraction of the retail price.
 
I change things around the house about as often as I change my shoes, so I'm sure it'll evolve in the next couple of months!
 
What do you think?
 
Have you started your Fall Decorating yet? 
 
 
Sharing the love at these AWESOME parties
 
Fluster Buster

24 comments:

  1. I loved the weather we had this past week in Idaho, sounds like we may have had the same storms roll through! Your tablescape is wonderful and now I must go find some goodies like yours!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tablescape... our weather has been hot, hot, hot... so I have not started yet. I did go to the dollar store and picked up some pumpkins and am determined to start doing some fall projects tomorrow. Just wish it would get a little cooler...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous!! And even better that it came from Goodwill! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, love the way your dinning room table looks decorated! I wish that mine could look like that but in my house we have the lap top computer on it and everyones papers! I'll just enjoy looking at yours! Lol.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie.... We've got a kitchen bar for papers/computers and everything else!!!! That's what you DON'T see in the pics! lol :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I just came across a tall glass jar while looking for something else in the attic. I can do something similar to your beautiful vignette. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is worthy of the Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party! I like the apothecary jar, but I think your idea of a candle would also work well. Fall is in the air!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words... I just checked out and joined your blog.... I love it! And that chocolate cake looked yummy!

      Delete
  7. Hopping over from Tuesday's With A Twist. Love this! I wish it were cooler here so that I felt like it was almost fall! Very inspirational. I may have to pick up some good finds myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fall table scape very pretty . I also,love Goodwill great find on the jar!! I am hopping over from the blog hop I am a new follower and I am hopping over to like your facebook page, too.
    Would love for you to Hop over for a visit.
    http://thisolemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower from Tell Us Tuesday Link Up. I love going to Goodwill and finding stuff to makeover...love this post! :)

    http://learningcreatingliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your centerpiece looks great. I wish I found good stuff at Goodwill or Habitat. The ones closest to me never have anything good.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your centerpiece. I also enjoy recycling items and making what is old new again.
    I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/09/clever-chicks-blog-hop-51-with-egg.html



    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. With holidays coming and going all the time is a great idea to decorate on a budget! This is such a nice Tablescape for almost nothing! Great idea! Thank You for sharing at the Fluster Buster party! have a great week!, Lizy party co host

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thrift stores are great! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful! I love Goodwill - one man's trash is more often than not, a TREASURE! Love it.... it is beautiful! I'm excited to be a new follower - can't wait to read more!

    -Heather
    http://stringtownhome.net/?p=358

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on that Heather!!! Thank you for following the blog and I'm thrilled to have you!!!!

      Delete
  15. I always love popping into Goodwill... Lots of neat finds! Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist. Can't wait to see what you share this week.
    Mindie
    The (mis)Adventures of a "BornAgain" Farm Girl
    http://bornagainfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just started getting the bug to decorate for fall last night! Your table looks lovely and the price is awesome. I have to get to Goodwill for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kim! So glad you liked it!

      Delete