Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Today is the day...... and a DIY Play Kitchen Round Up

Today is the day......that I get to shout from the rooftops -
 
I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!!! 

 
My precious first born baby is going to be a MAMA!!!!
 
Can't  you just hear the marching band playing and see the confetti and streamers flying through the air?   Oh wait....that's just in my mind!  I'm a whole lot more than just a little excited about this!
 
I've been stalking Pinterest since the day she found out she was pregnant and amongst other things I  have been loving the little play kitchens that are being upcycled from old discarded furniture.   
 
I"ve put together a round up of some pretty great ones!
 
How amazing is this upcycle from Bubblestitch Quilts?
 

 That is so stinking cute and it looks pretty easy to make. 

 
 
Can you believe THIS is a PLAY kitchen?
 

 
put A LOT of work into this but the payoff looks to be worth it.  Definately check out their post!
 
My Little Happies kitchen turned out adorable!
 
 
I love the EAT sign and the chalkboard on the side!
 
And I think this is my absolute favorite... Not a kitchen...more a bakery shop... but you've got to check out the before and after on this project!

 
Found this on Apartment Therapy and this was an old record player!  Talk about an amazing UpCycle! 
 
And finally.....
 
Sutton Grace has converted an old Entertainment Center into this
 

 
I am so inspired now...although in reality,  the need for one of these for us is still a long ways off.  So, for now, I'm off to stalk Pinterest again.....

Have you ever upcycled old furniture into toys for the kids?
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Suzie, I am so excited for you - being a Grandmother is totally awesome - you will be having so much fun now... We have 8 ranging in age from 8 to 21 and I still have such a blast creating for them so, go ahead - start that kitchen - you've got a lot more projects ahead of you...and so much fun... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I just found your blog just in time to see your big news! Those furniture turned toy inspirations are so cute! I love the yellow oven! Congrats!!! I am your newest follower! :)
    -Khammany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog tonight - What exciting news you have to share!!! That is wonderful! Loved the ideas you shared as well! Little girl "stuff" is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very happy for you! I know you're excited....I could tell! heehee! And I love the sweet furniture. I've never done that but it's a cute idea! Have fun with all of your happy plans! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete