Wednesday, October 2, 2013

DIY Bridal Shower & Wedding Decor - Part 3



The other day I shared 
from my oldest daughter's wedding.
 
  You can see that post HERE if you missed it. 
 
Today I have some fun pictures of DIY Bridal Shower and Wedding Decor from my 2nd daughter's wedding, which just happened to be 3 months after the first....
 
That was ONE BUSY YEAR for me!

 


Because we spent so much time on her decorations (her colors were navy, lilac & silver) I was ready for a change of pace for her shower and opted for a fun floral theme with green and yellow highlights. 
 
 
I made this "cake" by folding two white bath towels in half lenght wise and rolling them up together.  The back is secured with sewing pins.  I did the same with two hand towels and two wash cloths.  She already had towels of a different color on her registry - so I just bought some inexpensive towels for this.  I then wrapped ribbon around the layers, again securing with sewing pins.
 
It was a fun project to do and I love how it turned out!
 
 
I cut scrap book paper into squares and made these cones which I secured in the back, along the seam with a piece of scotch tape.  I filled pre-cut yellow tulle circles with M&M's and tied them up with some twine.  Then I stuffed them into the cones and we had our party favors.
 


The bride and groom were cut from a Silhouette Cameo and I used miniature clothespins to attach them to twine and hung them above the food table with a banner/bunting that read Bridal Shower. 
 They are about 11.5" tall. 
She LOVED these....


Previously I had showed some of pics from her wedding day - and the decorations we made.... If you missed it, you can see it HERE.

This photo prop wall was was a HIT!  As you can see, some of the frames are cut open and not only did the wedding party appear behind the wall "in the pictures"....the guests spent the eveing taking pictures of themselves, as well!  It was a lot of fun!


To make this, we cut holes for the picture frames that were to be opened, then we covered the entire sheet of plywood in burlap and attached it to legs, so it would be self-standing and tall enough.  The couch was a photo prop that we rented to place in front of this wall.


We made all of the flowers by hand.... All the bouquets, the boutonnieres and mother's corsages.  This is a picture of my corsage.

 
My aunt did a fabulous job of decorating the cake table.  It looked gorgeous and as unique as my daughter and son-in-law are!
 
 
There was a Smores Bar and Photo Booth with matching signs....
 
 
2011 was a very busy year for me - but so much fun!  I've always been a crafter, but this was the year that I really took to the DIY craze....and I haven't looked back yet!
 
Hope you enjoyed the pictures today!
 
Sharing the love at these AMAZING PARTIES!
 

6 comments:

  1. That Smores Bar looks oh so yummy and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I wasn't as convinced as my daughter about how well it would turn out...but it was great! And my son, who was 8 at the time spent most of his time that day in front of it!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you were a very busy lady that year. The colors of navy, lavender and silver are stunning. Love the photo op idea - that could be used for so many different scenarios... may have to use it some time... have a great evening Suzie. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy.... Yes, it was a BUSY year.... but one full of so many great memories with my girls!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post on Tickled Pink Times Two!

    ReplyDelete